Sunny 106.3
Soft Hits of the 70's, 80's and More

Lightning blamed for Naples mansion fire

NBC-2

A million dollar mansion in Naples was destroyed Saturday afternoon after lightning struck the roof of the home, causing a propane line in the attic to explode.

Pictures show various rooms inside the home covered in soot after part of the roof collapsed.

Firefighters say the home — last valued at more than $1.6 million dollars — is a complete loss.

The fire started after lightning struck the roof of the home around 4 in the afternoon. The energy from the strike ignited a propane gas line that fueled a grill outside.

Read More