Florence’s outer bands lashed at coastal North Carolina this morning power is off to almost 200,000 residents as the storm clockeed in with nearly 100 mph winds.
Florence was downgraded to a Category 1 late Thursday, but remains a dangerous hurricane.
- As of 5 AM ET, the eye of Hurricane Florence was still off the coast of Wilmington, North Carolina and moving at a leisurely 6 mph pace as rain and wind continue to lash the coastline.
- The storm has been downgraded to a Category 1 storm with winds at 90 mph. Gusts are still are still being felt as high as 120 mph.
- The forecast still calls for a long rain event with heavy winds. Storm surge will continue to be the biggest concern with some areas already seeing heavy flooding.
- Do you have friends and loved ones in the path of this dangerous storm? Do you know anybody that decided not to evacuate?
Collier County Police are on the scene at the Tuscan Isle Apartments on Weir Drive in Naples. We don’t have much information, but apparently there was a shooting there.
Police are looking for a Cape Coral teen who may be endangered. Kencade Godfrey, 15, was reported missing Thursday. He is 5 foot 9 inches tall, weighs 130 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes. If you have information on the teen,call the Cape Coral Police Department at (239) 574-3223.
The regional bomb squad was on hand at a home on Gainsborough Way off Colonial and State Road 82 yesterday, a home they visited this past May. Some cars were removed from the home while authorities were on the scene, but very little information is known at this time.
We told you about this accident yesterday, 34 year old Jimmy Ray Tharp was killed in a moped accident on the Edison Bridge early yesterday morning. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Chinese Restaurant Caught With Roadkill In Freezer
- Chinese restaurant owner Somchanh Chanthapanya, is facing heavy fines and probably a drop in business after he was found with roadkill in his restaurant’s freezer.
- Police found a spotted deer in the freezer of the Golden Hen restaurant in Winnsboro, LA.
- Later that evening, cops went to Somchanh’s house and found him butchering the deer.
- He claimed that he took the deer home because he believed the deputy had spotted it in his restaurant freezer.
- Somchanh said that the deer was already dead when he found it, and he didn’t know taking it was illegal.
- Possession of a spotted fawn is a punishable offense in Louisiana. He is now facing a fine of up to $750 and between 15 and 30 days in jail.
Say goodbye the Volkswagon Beetle….
R.I.P. Volkswagon Beetle
- The Volkswagon Beetle has been an icon since the 1960’s but Volkswagon said that they are done with it!
- VW announced that beginning in 2019 they will no longer produce the classic car.
- Volkswagon said that they are switching gears and are preparing to set their focus on electric cars.
- What was your first car? Do you name your cars? What’s the story behind your cars name?