Living in Florida, we’re always looking for ways to cool down on a hot day and there’s nothing better and more tastier than to do that with some ice cream and 4 Southwest Florida ice cream shops made Yelp’s list of the Best in Florida.
When it comes to desserts, my absolutely favorite is ice cream. Asking if I have a favorite flavor is an almost impossible question to answer because with so many stand alone and great combinations, I can’t possibly choose just one. And let’s also not forget to mention all the varieties from true ice cream, gelato, custard, frozen yogurt, sorbet, sherbet, mochi…it’s all delicious to me!
Here’s some fun facts about ice cream:
- The average number of licks to finish 1 scoop of ice cream is 50
- The country that consumes the most ice cream is the US, followed by Australia and Norway
- The average American eats 45.8 pints of ice cream per year
- The tallest ice cream cone was over 9 feet tall in Italy
- 95% of Americans have ice cream in their freezers
- Ice cream in America was rare in the 1700’s and only enjoyed by the elite
- It takes 12 pounds of milk to produce just 1 gallon of ice cream
- The first written ice cream recipe was found in a 1665 recipe book
Yelp put together this list of Florida’s best by looking at the total number and ratings of reviews from January 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022.